Maria GrzegorzewskaECTS: 8
Key words: Psychology, personality, emotions, memory, stress
Psychology (print)Course description:
- Sensationand perception (phenomenon of sensory adaptation)
- Cocktail-party phenomenon?
- The systems of memory (Enumerate the sub-systems of long-term memory, the reasons why we forget)
- Three systems of personalityaccording to S. Freud.
- The views of Freud’s early followers: Adler, Jung and Horney
- Milgram’s experiment
- Stress. What is GAS? What are its stages?
- Coping strategies
- What role does cognitive dissonance play in changing attitudes?
- Empathy-altruism hypothesis
- Cognitive Psychology: A Student's Handbook by Michael W. Eysenck and Mark T. Keane
- Psychology: An International Perspective by Michael Eysenck
- Social Psychology by Eliot R. Smith & Diane M. Mackie
- Representations, Community and Culture by Sandra Jovchelovitch
- A General Theory of Emotions and Social Life by Warren D. TenHouten
Course is given on individual tutorial basis.