Jacek Gądecki prof. AGHECTS: 4
Introduction to Evaluation Research (print)Course description:
Lecture 1. Evaluation - from the theory for the practice. Leading lecture.
The introducing to the bases pf the evaluation as a discipline of the knowledge and the public practice;
Lecture 2. The evaluation but social relations
The meeting presents the evaluation as the public practice - how the evaluation and evaluators are settled in the context of social relations;
Lecture 3. Announcing effects the evaluation.
The role of information and Documentation in the process of evaluation.
Workshop 1. Reality of the project and the logica framework matrix - the basis of the evaluation (general objectives, specific objectives, results of the action, indicators, sources of information, assumptions)
Workshop 2. Designing the evaluation - course of effective evaluation examinations.
Workshop 3. Evaluation in practice: the cooperation between evaluator and the client, terms of reference, the schedule and budgeting.
- Abma, T. a., & Widdershoven, G. a. M. (2008). Evaluation and/as Social Relation. Evaluation, 14(2), 209–225.
- Chaplowe, S. G., & Engo-Tjega, R. B. (2007). Civil Society Organizations and Evaluation: Lessons from Africa. Evaluation, 13(2), 257–274.
- De Lancer Julnes, P. (2006). Performance Measurement: An Effective Tool for Government Accountability? The Debate Goes On. Evaluation, 12(2), 219–235.
- Hansson, F. (2006). Organizational Use of Evaluations: Governance and Control in Research Evaluation. Evaluation, 12(2), 159–178.
- Hogard, E., & Ellis, R. (2006). Evaluation and communication: using a communication audit to evaluate organizational communication. Evaluation review, 30(2), 171–87.
- Horelli, L. (2009). Network Evaluation from the Everyday Life Perspective: A Tool for Capacity-Building and Voice. Evaluation, 15(2), 205–223.
- McNamara, G., O’Hara, J., Boyle, R., & Sullivan, C. (2009). Developing a Culture of Evaluation in the Irish Public Sector: The Case of Education. Evaluation, 15(1), 101–112.
- Mehrizi, M. H. R., Ghasemzadeh, F., & Molas-Gallart, J. (2009). Stakeholder Mapping as an Assessment Framework for Policy Implementation. Evaluation, 15(4), 427–444.
- Sharkey, S., & Sharples, a. (2008). From the Beginning: Negotiation in Community Evaluation. Evaluation, 14(3), 363–380.
The Participants must:
- participate activelly in the workshops and read the suggested literature,
- propose the draft of evaluation project (in groups or individually);
Course is given on individual tutorial basis.